BJT Legal - Ballarat lawyers + legal services

Many people think that divorce is the first step in separation or that you must get a divorce to formalise your separation but the opposite is true - formal parenting and property arrangements are usually made prior to divorce.

It is important to note that you are unable to get re-married until any previous marriage has been dealt with by divorce or annulment.

If you wish to get a divorce, you must have been separated for 12 months or more before you may apply. Most people apply for a divorce themselves using the Family Law Courts Application for Divorce kit (Court filing fees apply) -

Alternatively, BJT Legal can assist you to do the application and attend the court heaing on your behalf. 


If you require advice in relation to divorce or making parenting or property arrangements prior to divorce, please contact BJT Legal on (03) 5333 8840 or